Monday, January 12, 2009
Biology in Life from Kids
- When you breathe, you inspire. When you do not breathe, you expire.
- Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.
- Thesaurus is an ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary.
- It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
- Before giving a blood transfusion, find out if the blood is affirmative or negative to it.
- Genetics explain why you look like your father and if you don't why you should.
- Dew is formed on leaves when the sun shines down on them and makes them perspire.
- Sterility is hereditary: If your grandfather didn't have children and your father didn't have children, you won't have children too.
- Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
To continue on the use of mathematics in The Plum Blossom Divination last mentioned in my post in Dec 19. That introductory story which was slightly different was taken from a blog of a master that I cannot remember.
There is a story that on the fifteenth of the twelfth month of the Year of the Dragon around six o’clock in the morning, Shao Yong was meditating by watching the plum blossom outside his window. Two sparrows fighting suddenly dropped from the tree, dead.
He then used numerology for divination.
The year of the Dragon is 5, the month 12 and the day 15 totaling to 32 which is then divided by 8 (There are 8 Trigrams only) which gives 8 as there is no remainder. 8 in King Wen’s sequence of the Eight Primary Gua , is Lake.(Dui) which is the upper Gua.
The Dragon is no 5 in the zodiac astrology with the rat as 1 and so forth. King Wen’s sequence is different from what some schools are using today for your information.
The time is six o’ clock in the morning.
Six is then added to the total 32 which gives 38 which is then divided by 8 which gives a remainder of 6 which then indicates the sixth gua Fire in King Wen’s sequence. Fire then form the lower gua.
Thus he arrived at the hexagram 49 Abolishing the Old in which lake symbolizes a maid or a young woman and Fire symbolizes a flower. Shao Yong said, “The sign is a maid breaking the tree.’
Then he consulted the mutual gua (Nuclear Hexagram), It was Encountering Hexagram 44. The upper mutual gua is Heaven symbolized a man. The lower mutual gua is Wind. It symbolizes a virgin, also the bottom.
Shao Yong then made this predction, the following night a maid would come, breaking off a branch of the plum blossom tree. The gardener would chase her. The maid would run away and fall down, hurting her bottom The following night the event happened exactly as he had predicted.
Above taken from Taoist Alfred Huang ‘The Numeroloy of the I Ching.’
Okay, now about the poker cards reading. My apologies as there are a mistake on the placing of the lunar months in my post in the same post. To avoid confusion just label the cards as of the zodiac sign for east which would be Mao 卯 for the Queen of Spades. The Yin 寅 is actually the first lunar month in the Lunar Calendar.
To get on to the meanings of cards, the King would represent an elder man while the queen of clubs would represent a eldery woman and the jack card would represent a young man.The Queen of spade would represent both young and eldery woman and is an inauspicious card. Again black cards are inauspicious. The rest of the cards I would carried on again in my next post.
Posted by 李杰 at 11:46 AM